- location: Ontario; primarily Toronto, Oakville and Prince Edward County
- availability: full time
- positions available: 1
- deadline to apply: April 21, 2019
minimum 2 year commitment
bluboho is a growing community of collective creativity. we provide a space for connection, love and education, to create an unforgettable experience. we cultivate a team environment that is fun and maximizes on development opportunities. we continually aspire to nurture an exchange where our creativity and culture coexist.
The bluboho regional manager embodies and fosters all aspects of the bluboho culture and core values. As a leader of leaders - they enjoy the journey of developing extraordinary teams through their vision and goals, straight talk, and intentional listening. bluboho leaders are committed to high level performance through the lens of humanity, connection and love.
The regional manager oversees all aspects of store performance and develops a multi- store business through ensuring our unique guest and store experience are consistently exceeding guest expectations. They own big picture strategy and ensure that bluboho operating principles are followed. They manage, coach and develop the store leadership pipeline and proactively recruit. They ensure that the right product is in the right place at the right time through a strong visual merchandising, markdown and consolidation strategy. They manage their region’s P& L quarterly and yearly sales contributions.
A bluboho regional manager can be found on game-day Saturdays working the floor to lead their teams by example, and spot patterns within the business. They build and maintain cross-functional relationships to create solutions and plan for the future.
Effective leaders share two intertwined attributes: an unbridled level of confidence about where their organizations are headed, and the ability to bring people along.” – Howard Schultz, CEO, Starbucks Coffee Company
What you’ll be doing:
• Guest Experience: A bluboho regional manager sets the bar for guest experience. Understanding how to create a positive, uplifting, and knowledgeable experience, as well as training, developing and managing that guest experience throughout multiple stores is a key to success.
• Leadership Skills: regional managers have to keep your employees motivated,
resolve conflicts and make hard decisions. A successful regional manager is a great leader. You are timely with your feedback and follow up. You aren’t afraid to performance manage and do what it takes to make sure your store managers are clear on expectations.
• Product: You are responsible for the product and sell through strategy within the regional, including allocations, pricing and visual merchandising. You ensure your stores are getting their product in a timely and efficient manner.
• Time Management: regional managers work with multiple stores and managers across a region, coordinate visiting these stores often. Time management is essential to make sure everything gets done, as well as a strong ability to delegate and follow up. Special projects are often required, and a regional manager will need to have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a changing environment. You can be found on the floor, supporting the stores and leading by example on key days.
• Budgeting and Forecasting: regional managers are expected to keep and maintain a budget in almost every field. You will need to be confident in using math skills to make sure you know where your company's money is going. It is the regional manager’s responsibility to strive to exceed sales forecasts, as well as maintaining budget expectations. You are accountable and oversee your team’s budgets, which include hours and operationally.
• Analytical Skills: regional managers are in charge of hiring new store managers, and being a good judge of character will help ensure that you hire the right people to maintain an efficient and motivated team. You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day.
• Decision-Making Skills: The buck stops with you. Whether it is dealing with employees, management or vendors, you will have to make decisions that affect the company. Having the ability to make hard and fast decisions is crucial to your success.
• Communication - Speaking and Writing: regional managers do a lot of communicating. This might be in front of a group of employees, or in a meeting with management. You might be called upon to write reports, recommendations,
or reasons for termination. Great verbal communications and writing skills will help you in any of these scenarios. Strong computer skills- MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) are also a requirement. You have the ability to identify gaps and opportunities within the region and foster a conversation about the continual elevation.
What you’ll bring:
• Passion, knowledge and involvement in jewelry and fashion.
• Passion for an amazing guest experience
• An ability to integrate a fun and joyful working atmosphere
• A strong entrepreneurial spirit and are innovative in your approach to achieve great results
• Communication that is lead with honesty and kindness
• Minimum 3 year’s work experience in multi-store retail management
• bluboho store management experience a strong asset
• 5 years proven management experience of large or diverse groups
• Business Degree – an asset
• Willingness and availability to travel
What makes you great:
• Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
• You share in our company values and original intent to encourage our people to remain connected
• Desire to excel and succeed
• Actively live and breathe the bluboho culture and core values
• Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal-oriented)
• Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
• Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
• Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
if you’re as excited as we are, send an email to email@example.com with a copy of your resume, availability and to keep things interesting, a one-page letter telling us why we should hire you. please specify in the "subject" of your email which position and location you are applying for.
we look forward to meeting you! xo
while we appreciate all applicants taking the time, only those selected for an interview will be contacted