- location: queen west
- availability: full time
- positions available: 1
- minimum commitment: 1 year
bluboho creates beautiful jewelry and beautiful experiences. We strive to mark moments in the unfolding life of the free-spirit with our handcrafted pieces. We curate a line from small scale designers around the world, as well as design and produce our own line in Toronto, Canada.
The Production + Design Coordinator is an integral part of a fast-moving cross-functional team! You will also be responsible for creating a strategic plan to satisfy demand while carrying minimum inventory, as well as working closely with store operations teams to ensure sell through. You will be responsible for designer and internal vendor buying, product analysis and allocations, logistics and cross-functional communication in order to maximize inventory turns. Strong collaboration with all business functions is a must – including supplier partners, external designers, marketing, operations and finance. As bluboho increases sales and number of stores you will create a plan to driving pricing, product display, marketing, and promotions of certain products to make them highly visible, accessible, and appealing to customers
Who you are:
- You aim to inspire, to be kind, and to listen, creating a greater sense of connection and humanity in the world.
- You are passionate, dedicated, and looking for a role that will challenge and reward you in a company where you can grow and excel.
- Discovery is your passion strive to learn and grow, while engaging others in what you see, think and understand. You aren't afraid to ask questions, practice wonderment and get creative with problem solving.
- You have a natural propensity towards an analytical mindset and love being solution focused!
- You don't hold back and action what needs to be done, failures are seen as opportunities to learn from and teach others.
- Accountability is something you practice daily.
- You are able to simplify processes and implement efficient systems that are organized and replicable
- You posses a thorough knowledge of precious metals + stones, as well as a detailed understanding of the jewelry design and production process.
- You have excellent people and communication skills
- Most importantly you love. you love meeting new people, love connecting, love discovering new and exciting possibilities, love contributing and love learning. Excellent people and communication skills are required.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure all service aspects of production are executed to provide an exceptional guest experience (engravings, repairs, resizes, custom pieces etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve goals.
- Strong attention to details in every aspect of the role – from guest experience, pricing, strategy and finished pieces.
- Sourcing, negotiating and buying of goods, materials and services to meet the Company’s operational requirements
- Organize and maintain strategic allocations through purchase orders and transfers across all stores while being time and cost efficient
- Cost-effective approaches to creating new designs and lines, creating value for our guests, ease of selling for our teams.
- Work to ensure margins are maintained and increased where possible.
- Quality assurance of current products, and always working to create higher quality standards for our in house lines and curated pieces.
- Work with Design and Production Manager and Regional Manager to ensure feedback flows back and forth, sell through is maximized, and all important info is communicated to the store teams.
- Create a rolling a month Master Production Plan for designated products. Utilize the production capacity, taking into consideration the sales forecast, historical sales, and new business opportunities. Analyze and identify risks associated with the options built into the Master Production Plan, including manufacturing lead times.
- Maintaining a 6 month buying schedule and budget in order to ensure our stores are strategically stocked and suppliers have consistent work flow.
- In-store expert in the visual merchandising, pricing, management, and sales of a specified group of products
- Work to ensure a 10x turnover on inventory is achieved on a yearly basis.
- Perform supply demand analysis, highlighting areas of concern monthly
- Be eager and willing to take initiative, and ownership of any projects and tasks outside of your job duties and description.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel)
- Minimum 5 years production management experience
- Prior Jewelry industry experience
- Strong background in creating exceptional Guest Experiences
- Knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes
- Masters in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Operations is an asset.
- Knowledge of design software like CAD, 3D-modelling, Photoshop etc. an asset.
if you’re as excited as we are, send an email to email@example.com with a copy of your resume, availability and to keep things interesting, a one-page letter telling us why we should hire you. please specify in the "subject" of your email which position and location you are applying for.
we look forward to meeting you! xo