please note this is not a remote position
- location: head office
- availability: full time
- positions available: 1
- commitment: minimum 2 years
bluboho is on a mission to mark moments and tell stories through beautiful jewelry. We are a team of high achievers who love to create the unimaginable. We design and make all of our pieces right here in Canada using ethically sourced stones and recycled metals. Come work for a high-growth company where you get to have a voice, make decisions, set goals and achieve them. We can’t wait to meet you…
As a key member of the leadership team, the Director - Marketing must have a balance of strategy development, salesmanship, technical competency and business insight. This individual will have a clear vision to build successful marketing goals yet isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and be hands-on in day-to-day activities, including but not limited to setting up, managing and optimizing strategies; directing layout, design, and copywriting; providing work direction to staff and reporting of all efforts.
Who you are:
This role is designed for someone who has strong project and people management in order to align all aspects of the bluboho brand around our key stories and messages. You will oversee the marketing department and guide its day-to-day operations, so you’ll be recruiting, supervising and mentoring members of the marketing team.
You are curious and driven and this role calls for continual analysis of market trends and the positioning of competitors. This analysis provides the foundation for marketing strategies. Much of this analysis is done by drilling down into data around customer behaviour and experiences.
You are a passionate individual, who is keen to create digital and printed campaigns and programs that draw our guests in to our shop and online platforms. You will provide an excellent visual customer experience while upholding all standards of our brand and visual identity. You will liaise with the creative team, store managers, and shop teams to create a seamless guest experience, all while looking for new opportunities to grow and elevate bluboho creatively
What you’ll be doing:
- Build & Drive the company’s digital marketing strategies and promotional plans for all bluboho brands to grow the company’s market presence, improve customer acquisition and retention leading to increased revenue and profitability.
- Collaborate with strategic partners & third party contractors to develop innovative marketing plans to bring new opportunities to fruition within all revenue generating channels.
- Manage ongoing site updates and redesigns, e.g. implementing new content marketing strategies, providing feedback to copywriting, creation and production of new assets across all platforms including digital and print for all bluboho products and product lines.
- Develop and execute multi-channel, integrated digital marketing campaigns, establishing and maintaining brand standards across all platforms.
- Develop and execute an ongoing strategy for social media to grow bluboho’s presence and user engagement on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- Design, develop and execute SEM campaigns and drive SEO strategy from a technical and content perspective.
- Launch new products by working with cross-functional teams including sales/operations, creative and product development.
- Responsible for developing & managing annual marketing budget, with measured outcomes.
- Assess ROI on all marketing initiatives, report results across all channels and make recommendations.
- Provide leadership & mentorship to the marketing team.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
What you’ll bring
You are a creative problem solver and leader and is not afraid to take risks, and responsibility! Also:
- 15 years’ experience
- 10 years management experience
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Work well under tight deadlines and under pressure
- Knows how to be resourceful
- Positive attitude and a passion for jewelry
- Strong sense of style and knowledge of the jewelry industry
- Excellent communication & analytical skills
- College or University degree (Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Commerce)
- MBA Preferred
- Proficiency in Mac hardware/software, Microsoft software, FB Ad Manager, Google Analytics, CRM platforms
- A proven track record of creative ability and judgment working across all creative platforms, with track record of increasing KPI’s
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams and management
- Ability to lead diverse team members and create results within a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Successful experience in managing creative teams and multiple projects
- Commitment to go the extra mile in time and effort to produce the very best work
if you’re as excited as we are, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your cover letter, resume and availability. please specify in the "subject" of your email which position you are applying for.
we look forward to meeting you! xo