please note this is not a remote position
- location: head office
- availability: full time
- positions available: 1
- commitment: minimum 2 years
bluboho is on a mission to mark moments and tell stories through beautiful jewelry. We are a team of high achievers who love to create the unimaginable. We design and make all of our pieces right here in Canada using ethically sourced stones and recycled metals. Come work for a high-growth company where you get to have a voice, make decisions, set goals and achieve them. We can’t wait to meet you…
As our Creative Director, your key objective is to continue to communicate and evolve the bluboho brand through a compelling narrative, and to oversee the growth of our social channels. These efforts will drive the business forward through strong revenue growth, as well as developing market reach.
Who you are:
This role is designed for someone who has a strong creative vision and ability to align all aspects of the bluboho brand around our key stories and messages. The Creative Director is responsible for developing a cohesive yearly marketing strategy, as well as guide and evolve the visuals and voice of bluboho. Most importantly, the CD is a stand for an exceptional long lost friend experience and is an example of this every day. The CD also encourages growth within all teams at bluboho to make strategic decisions and achieve outstanding results.
What you’ll be doing:
Creative Work (80%)
- Help develop a yearly marketing plan to continue to develop our sales and market awareness, with a strong focus on North America. Create and review results-focused creative objectives + collateral for all aspects of the brand, including: web, print, packaging, store windows, instore display, ads, and anything else we can think of. Lead the team in development of concepts and execution of all projects. Actively lead/participate in every aspect of creative design and development:
- Partnering with the Co-Founder to help lead the Creative Team in delivering brand assets across all channels including, but not limited to, marketing and advertising materials, eCommerce, social media platforms, video, and retail collateral
- Overall creative direction + brand alignment across all channels (brick + mortar, digital, social, printed collateral, and anything else)
- Manage product photography, both lightbox, on-figure and lifestyle.
- Collaborating with the team to develop strategic marketing campaign concepts that address both the creative branding needs and business objectives of the company.
- Meeting regularly with various cross-functional teams including Digital Marketing, Content, Brand, and eCommerce
- Maintaining relationships with external partners to ensure execution of creative vision, including but not limited to photography, videography, retouching, illustration, copy, typographic development.
- Select + approve selection of subcontract resources where needed
- Strategic planning + execution
- Creative plan should be based in our brand and unconventional
- Budget oversight + creative ideas for producing high value, low cost results
- Measure and report results
- Digital channel oversight – planning, execution, pivots, partnerships + ads
- Manage and work independently under tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects
- Estimate creative development costs + manage all budgets effectively
- Enthusiastically take on any other design/brand/digital related projects that may arise
Team Management (20%)
- Create a talent pipeline – recruit, hire, train + develop amazing people
- Assign creative teams best suited for selected projects based on ability and workload, including any use of subcontractors
- Manage workloads to maximize productivity
- Provide written and face-to-face feedback for quarterly and annual performance reviews, as well as ongoing feedback throughout the year (written when requested)
- Assure that all creative people are trained and, where needed, mentored to consistently exceed expectations of bluboho, and to meet their own career goals
What you’ll bring
Is a creative problem solver and leader and is not afraid to take risks, and responsibility!
- 15+ years’ experience – Direct agency experience preferred,
- 5+ years management experience
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Work well under tight deadlines and under pressure
- Knows how to be resourceful
- Positive attitude and a passion for jewelry
- Strong sense of style and knowledge of the jewelry industry
- Excellent communication skills
- BA degree (Advertising, Communications, Fine Arts or related field preferred)
- Proficiency in Mac hardware/software, Microsoft software, Illustrator and Photoshop (and other)
- A proven track record of creative ability and judgment working across all creative platforms
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams and management
- Ability to lead diverse team members and create results within a fast paced work environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Commitment to go the extra mile in time and effort to produce the very best work Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Design experience with strong focus on conceptual thinking and multi-channel marketing design
- Deep knowledge and passion for design, contemporary fashion and creativity
- Strong understanding of fashion editorial, photography, design and video/film
- Excellent design sense and ability to articulate design concepts to different departments
- Desire to be constantly exploring trends and competitive landscape
if you’re as excited as we are, send an email to email@example.com with a copy of your cover letter, resume and availability. please specify in the "subject" of your email which position you are applying for.
we look forward to meeting you! xo