ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
- location: queen st.
- availability: full time *must be available weekends and holidays
- positions available: 1
- commitment: minimum 2 years
bluboho is on a mission to mark moments and tell stories through beautiful jewelry. we are a team of high achievers who love to create the unimaginable. we design and make all of our pieces right here in canada using ethically sourced stones and recycled metals. come work for a high-growth company where you get to have a voice, make decisions, set goals and achieve them. we can’t wait to meet you…
the assistant store manager’s key objective is to work alongside the store manager in ensuring a unique guest experience, producing strong financial results and maintaining a positive team environment built on our core values.
who you are:
you are your store managers right hand – an extension of leadership in your store. your entrepreneurial spirit pushes you to own your business and take accountability for your stores financial results and team, even in the presence of the store manager. naturally, you are drawn to guests and provide an unparalleled guest experience, and you are an expert on key guest issues, store operations and company policies and procedures. you are passionate about developing a team, and take pride in leading by example. you view problems as opportunities and are eager and resourceful in resolving any difficulties amongst the team or with guests.
when the store manager isn’t present, nothing for your team changes. it’s business as usual because you are a daily representation of leadership in your store. you have built trusting relationships with your team built on love, support and respect.
what you’ll be doing:
- passionately lead a team to ensure an uncompromising long lost friend experience with guests; the team is building relationships and creating new one’s daily
- ensure our unique guest and store experience are consistently exceeding guest expectations
- empower store team to manage all guest experiences, jumping in to support as needed
- provide store leadership by balancing company policies, procedures, shrink/loss prevention, payroll, reporting, and scheduling
- ensure team remains compliant with all standard store operating procedures daily
- oversee the execution of in store operations and strategies alongside store manager
- ensure all by when’s and deadlines are met with integrity and accountability
- in partnership with the store manager, ensure the team is working diligently to maintain the physical appearance of the store; notes made during a walkthrough are actioned immediately
- ensure merchandising standards are maintained and all directives provided by the creative and marketing teams are followed
- maintain schedules and operating costs to ensure hours and operations budgets are not exceeded
- complete additional tasks under the direction of store manager; i.e.; community events, designer events, inventory counts, special orders, cycle counts, backstock organization etc.
- support your team in achieving and exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals within store as specified by the regional operations manager
- analyze and implement actions to meet sales targets; merchandising, sensory experience, product levels, guest experience
- work alongside the store manager to unearth creative ways to drive sales in store
- passionately lead team to become product experts and have a hands-on role in their development
- actively support the recruiting and hiring process, building a pipeline that can be tapped into as needed
- play an active role in the training and development of all team members
- provide timely feedback and follow-up, and approach difficult conversations as an opportunity for growth
what you’ll bring
- 2-3 years of previous retail experience
- 1-2 years of retail management experience
- ability to work a full-time schedule including varied hours/days including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- working knowledge of ms office (word, excel and outlook)
- self-starter with strong interpersonal, communication, organization, and follow-through skills
- passion for a unique guest experience
- an ability to integrate a fun, mindful and positive working atmosphere
- communication that is lead with honesty and kindness
- highly motivated, able to set priorities and react accordingly
- experience working in a retail luxury goods or fine jewellery organization
if you’re as excited as we are, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume, availability and to keep things interesting, a one-page letter telling us why we should hire you. please specify in the "subject" of your email which position and location you are applying for.
we look forward to meeting you! xo
while we appreciate all applicants taking the time, only those selected for an interview will be contacted