assistant store manager - Oakville
- location: Oakville
- availability: full time *must be available weekends
- positions available: 1
- minimum commitment of 2 years
bluboho is a growing community of collective creativity. We provide a space for connection, love and education, to create an unforgettable experience. We cultivate a team environment that is fun and maximizes on development opportunities. We continually aspire to nurture an exchange where our creativity and culture coexist.
As assistant store manager, your key objective is to work alongside the store manager in ensuring there is a great guest and employee experience within the store and community. You are a successor to the Store Manager.
Your key responsibilities
This role is designed for those passionate about learning how to develope a strong team while creating strong financial results within your store. The assistant store manager is responsible for supporting all retail operations and while learning and implementing strategies within the guest experience and operations. Most importantly they are a stand for an exceptional long lost friend experience and are an example of this every day. The assistant store manager encourages growth within their teams to make strategic decisions and achieve results in their day to day.
What you’ll be doing
- you passionately lead your team to ensure an uncompromising long lost friend experience; they are building relationships and creating new one’s daily
- you are actively supporting the hiring and recruiting of great people; you are executing the interview process
- you are executing the bluboho foundation training and shadow shifts
- you passionately lead your team to become product experts and have a hands-on role in their development
- you oversee the execution of in store operations and strategies alongside your store manager
- you are able to have honest and real conversations with your team; feedback is given in the moment, you performance manage when necessary
- you complete additional tasks under the direction of your store manager; ie. community events, designer events, inventory counts, special orders, cycle counts, back stock organization etc.
- all by when’s and deadline’s are met with integrity and accountability
- you are creative in how you drive sales to your store every day
- you are a beloved expert; you have an understanding of settings, metals, diamonds etc.
- you work alongside the store manager to meet and exceed your daily targets; there is urgency here and you come prepared to discuss new ideas
- you analyze and implement actions to meet sales targets; merchandising, sensory experience, product levels, guest experience
- you are always within your monthly hours and operations budget
- your store is impeccably clean
- all merchandising non-negotiables are met on an ongoing basis; any notes made during a walkthrough are actioned immediately
- management of all store policies are practiced daily; special orders, holds, returns, personalized pieces, contracts are signed
- management of all staff policies are practiced: staff discounts, scheduling (including conflicts), vacation requests, hours management
- guests are always followed up within a timely manner through all channels; same day or next
- asset protection is always a conversation and is practiced at all times; bag checks with staff, cash deposits in safe, training of all staff members in how to approach guest experience
What you’ll bring
- 3-4 years previous retail experience
- 1-2 years management experience an asset
- strong sense of style and knowledge of the jewelry industry
- excellent communication skills
- working knowledge of MS Office (word, excel and outlook)
- detail oriented and highly organized
- ability to multi task and balance multiple high level projects
- work well under tight deadlines and under pressure
- love to be creative in problem solving and are resourceful
- positive attitude and a passion for jewelry
if you’re as excited as we are, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume, availability and to keep things interesting, a one-page letter telling us why we should hire you. please specify in the "subject" of your email which position and location you are applying for.
we look forward to meeting you! xo